Sometimes it feels like leaving your desk–let alone the office for lunch is like taking a secret vacation and you hope you no one notices you are gone for 30-60 minutes out of your 8+ hour workday. When did this happen?
When did lunchtime and actually taking a lunch break become a treat rather than a necessity? Forbes recently featured an article on the topic: 14 Things You Should Do On Your Lunch Break Every Day. Experts agree, productive employees need that afternoon break to recharge and refuel for better results. Jacquelyn Smith, Forbes staff writer, recommends these 14 things for your next lunch break:
- Make a plan
- Take a real break
- Get up from your desk/workspace
- Enjoy your food
- Do what you can’t do in the morning or evening
- Use the time to connect with someone new
- Catch up with old friends
- Have a system for dealing with your absense
- Engage in activities that will help you re-energize
- Don’t get stuck in a routine
- Avoid all screens
- Don’t take too long or too short of a break
Read the full article here>>
What are you going to do during your next lunch break?